Am Tuesday 07 October 2003 05:06 pm schrieb Gunnar Schmi Dt: Hi Gunnar, > On October 20, we want to announce the working group in a press release. In > For KDE I would like to formulate some lines that show that KDE will have > interest in the results of the working group. This will be something as > follows: > > > The current graphical user interfaces on Linux contain a lot of obstacles > to people who cannot handle a keyboard or a mouse as quickly as most > people, or who have low vision. We, people involved in the KDE project, do > not want this social exclusion to persist. I dont like this very negative statement about Linux in a press release. Actually it is also missleading. E.g. (SuSE) Linux has since a long time the capability to be installed with a Braille device. Also the GUIs of Linux have already since a long time features which help the disabled. Of course there is very much room for improvement! Regards, -- martin Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold e r f r a k o n Erlewein, Frank, Konold & Partner - Beratende Ingenieure und Physiker Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959 email: martin.konold@erfrakon.de _______________________________________________ kde-accessibility mailing list kde-accessibility@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-accessibility