List:       kde-accessibility
Subject:    [Kde-accessibility] translations for kdeaccessibility
From:       Gunnar Schmi Dt <gunnar () schmi-dt ! de>
Date:       2003-01-21 11:20:36

Hello,

The KDE Acessibility Project has recently created a new kdeaccessibility CVS
module. As we plan to publish a first release of that module in one or two
months, we are currently moving the applications (KMag, KMouseTool and
KMouth) into CVS. Currently our release schedule looks like this:

1) Move the applications into CVS
2) Branch for KDE 3.0, KDE 3.1 and KDE head
3) Make sure that the branches work with theit respective KDE versions
4) prepare and publish a pre-release
5) wait for the translations
6) prepare and publish the first release candidate (which includes its
translations as it is no official part of KDE)

The deadline for steps 1)-3) is Janury, 31. After that date, we would like to
have an i18-string freeze.

Now my questions:
-Is it ok to ask for the translation of the kdeaccessibility module?
-If so, how long will the translation take (when can we start to prepare the
release candidate?)

There are three applications to translate, including the documentation for the
three applications. Additionally, KMouth has some standard phrase books that
are stored in some xml files.

Gunnar Schmi Dt

P.S.
Please CC the kde-accessibility mailing list as I assume that the people on
that list are intrested in the topic of this mail, too.