List:       kde-accessibility
Subject:    [Kde-accessibility] kdeaccessibility release cycle
From:       Gunnar Schmi Dt <gunnar () schmi-dt ! de>
Date:       2003-01-14 16:38:58

Hello Jeff, hello Sarang!

Some days ago I sent a mail to the kde-accessibility mailing list in which I
wrote down some dates together with the request to tell whether these dates
are ok for you.

As I did not hear anything from you, I want to ask you to tell me whether you
can manage to provide a stable versions for this time schedule or whether you
think that it is better for you to wait some time with the schedule.

For the case that you are not yet on the kde-accessibility mailing list, I
append the dates once again below.

My plan is to release a first version of kdeaccessibility in february or march
so that we can after that discuss with the core developers about becoming an
official part of KDE 3.2. It would be good if we would already have stable
versions of our three applications in that release.

Gunnar Schmi Dt

The dates (as I wrote in the mail to the list) are as follows:

 1) Import the stable (or close-to-stable) versions of the applications
(KMouth, kmag, KMouseTool) into kdeaccessibility (e.g. until Fri, Jan, 17)
2) branch for 3.0, 3.1 and head and make sure that the branches run (e.g.
until Fri, Jan, 24)
3) do a i18n-string freeze on Fri, Jan, 24
3) produce a pre-release of kdeaccessibility without translations on that week
end (until at latest Mon, Jan, 27)
4) produce a release candidate (with translations) three weeks later (take the
CVS version of Fri, Feb 14, publish the release candidate by at latest Mon,
Feb, 17)
5) if all works fine, produce the final version of kdeaccessibility one week
later (take the CVS version of Fri, Feb 21, publish the release by at latest
Mon, Feb, 24)
6) Discontinue that releases unless for bugfixes.
7) If tere are unstable versions of the applications outside kdeaccessibility
import them into kdeaccessibility.
8) Go on developing the head branch to reach another stable point in 3.2,
possibly with the freeze dates of the 3.2 release cycle.