List:       kde-accessibility
Subject:    Re: [Kde-accessibility] Fwd: KDE 3.1 suggestion: gtkeyboard clone
From:       JP Schnapper-Casteras <jp_sc () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-06-27 18:27:52

Hi all,
   Thank you Peter and Bill for the good explanations, sorry I was away \
from e-mail when this thread started.  One particularly noteworthy \
statement is:

> Integrating KDE/Qt into the mix has been discussed before, and only \
> awaits suitable committment of engineering resources, volunteer or \
> otherwise.

This is true, and without this sort of committment it is going to be very \
difficult to make KDE fully accessible.  That having been said, we are \
starting to make little advances here and there.  Fairly soon, the KDE \
Accessibility Project is going to have KMouseTool documented and ready for \
download, thanks to Jeff Roush.

Question:
I agree that we should use GOK as the KDE onscreen keyboard.  Do you [all] \
think we should simply link to the GOK page or should we link to it and \
write up some instructions for using it with KDE?  Alternatively (and I \
would argue, much less desirably) should we consider making some \
modifications to GOK to make more tailored for KDE?

Best,

--JP

=====
-