List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Question Icon alignment
From:       "Akar 'th 'orrible" <akar () optusnet ! com ! au>
Date:       2001-08-19 1:58:25

On Sun, 19 Aug 2001 09:30, Milo Hyson wrote:
> No, I mean this is a bug. If you configure KDE (using kcontrol) to allow
> arbitrary icon placement, it ignores this setting and forces them into a
> line. It's inconsistent however.

I wonder if it is a bug, Milo. A vanilla compiled kde22 does not exhibit this
behaviour. Yet as I said one of the Mandrake patches listed in the spec file
was to deliberately overide the default behaviour and force the icons into
either vertical or horizontal alignment. It is quite like;y that othere
distros may follow the same procedure although I have not fathomed their
reasoning for doing so yet.

What distribution are you running, Milo?

Andrew