List:       kde
Subject:    Re: ADMIN:  Re: Printing in KDE2.0
From:       Kevin Forge <forge () myrealbox ! com>
Date:       2001-08-02 5:50:34

Newbi lists are inherently flawed.  You see people ask about whatever
they have trouble with.  If a newbie has trouble with something really
complex and cumbersome (like VI) it doesn't make it any easier to solve
than when a pro has that problem.

Unfortunately, the big guys avoid newbi lists so newbies try to help
newbies solve what may or may not be a newbie problem.

Way I see it.  If the list averages under 100 messages per week, there
is no need to split it.  When you do split it.  "Newbie" and "expert"
is the worst way to go about that.