List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Error execute KDE from CVS
From:       "akar 'th 'orrible" <akar () optusnet ! com ! au>
Date:       2001-07-24 16:30:07

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001 00:54, snpe wrote:
> Hello,
> 	I have compiled KDE from CVS (17.07.2001) in this way :

If you are a beginner and need help why are you compiling from CVS?
CVS is guaranteed to have bugs in it, it is code currently being worked on
except during feature freeze and even then bugs are worked on.

In this case I suspect that there is nothing wrong with kde but perhaps your
system may be incorrectly configured. Alternatively if you had an old kde I
suspect you have compiled KDE without setting the new QTDIR and
LD_LIBRARY_PATH before conpiling the kde apps or else you have bits and
pieces of the old qt and kde messing things up.

Andrew