List:       kde
Subject:    KDE 2.2 Great Stuff, Bug Questions
From:       "Timothy R.Butler" <kde () uninetsolutions ! com>
Date:       2001-07-06 4:12:15

Hi everyone,
  Well, after playing with KDE 2.2beta1 on my laptop a bit, I decided to
jump, and my desktop (the one I use all the time) now is running a beta
desktop (nothing like upgrading the DE on the system you depend on to raise
blood presure a bit <g>).

  Anyway, it looks great. I love the little cursor feedback icons to let you
know what's loading! I also like the various improvements to the taskbar
(i.e. grouping, fading, etc.)... Hmm, I can't think of any new features I
don't like!

  I did run into a few bugs though, and I thought I'd mention them to see if
anyone here had noticed them before I report them (I thought maybe I'm just
doing something wrong):

   1.) KMail seems to have trouble with headers now. Where it's suppose to be
moving down a line (i.e. between the To: and From: fields) in the preview box
and message window, I just see little boxes as if the font doesn't have
anything to display for linefeeds (which wouldn't be true - this is just
plain old Arial from Windows, which worked fine in KMail 1.2).

   2.) KMail's "fancy headers" seems to have a broken table. The big "K gear"
logo goes on teh right side of the entire message, rather than just the
headers.

   3.) KMail seems to crash when I go do something else for a moment. For
example, after writting item no. 2 in this message, I went to see the listing
of headlines in KNews Ticker, and KMail did a segfault 11.

   I know there were a few non-Kmail bugs, but I can't remember them right
now. I guess I'll go back to playing with KDE 2.2 :-) and report a few other
KMail bugs I found....

  Best,
     Tim

Timothy R. Butler                              Universal Networks
ICQ #12495932 AIM: Uninettm     Christian Web Services Since 1996
tbutler@uninetsolutions.com        http://www.uninetsolutions.com
============== "Information Powered by Innovation" ==============