List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Positioning windows (-geometry) and # of vertial desktops
From:       "akar 'th 'orrible" <akar () optusnet ! com ! au>
Date:       2001-06-27 14:09:08

> is it possible to have more than 16 virtual desktops? Recompile kdebase? I
> need 24 at least.

I'm not sure how many desktops Kwin allows but as you said you are using
fvwm that is irrelevant. You can use any WM you want with KDE just see the
end of your startkde script, then use one that allows you as many virtual
desktops and screens as you like.

> When using the -geometry option kde2 doesn't place a window outside the
> calling desktop.
> Is there a way to specify the desktop where to place the window in kde?

I think kstart will do this (check the --help-all switches) but possibly
only with kwin? I dont know.

> Thx,
>
> Oliver

Andrew