List:       kde
Subject:    Re: KDE, GNOME, and efficiency
From:       Kevin Forge <forge () myrealbox ! com>
Date:       2001-03-02 22:18:53

<sarcasm>
Stop spreading lies.  Everybody knows KDE is bloated and slow.
</sarcasm>

Yeah it's like that.  If this were not a KDe specific list I would
expect someone to appear to explain the performance difference and
tell you what to do to make Gnome run better on this specific box.

Truth is we each get different performance on the hardware and
software we use.  I don't have access to a 486 machine right now
to compare but how much Ram dose this baby hold ?  Also tell me
about video cards and distributions.  Did you compile yourself?