List:       kde
Subject:    Re: snapshot user please try:http://sourceforge.net/projects/freestandards
From:       Troy Unrau <troy () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-02-13 13:49:52

Steve...

There may be dependancy problems, etc.  One kernel may be built with the
libfam patch, and when you compiled kde on it, it would have been detected,
but when you move to the other box, there can be errors.  And so on for
various different options.

Also make sure that kde, qt are built with the same compiler.
> I don't know if there is any issue with building on one setup then copying
> the entire /opt/kde2.1 to another system with a differnent kernel.  I
> believe both systems are pretty up to date wrt includes other than the
> kernel.
>
> BTW, how many weeks does it take to build the KDE2.1-beta on your box :-/

Actually, I rebuild kdelibs/kdebase daily, and the reast whenever I feel like
I need some updates in kmail and co... :P
Kdelibs/kdebase take hours.  The rest seems fast after that because I can be
in KDE, and have them recompile in the background while I'm doing other
things.

> Steve

Troy
--