List:       kde
Subject:    Kmail, html links in email, konqueror
From:       "Praedor Tempus" <praedor () uswest ! net>
Date:       2001-01-31 17:13:52

I am running Mandrake 7.2 with KDE 2.1.  The following problem has existed
for me since, I believe, KDE 2.0.1.

This is driving me nuts.  I have my file associations properly setup so that
html files are to be opened by konqueror.  Nevertheless and invariably, every
time I click on a weblink in an email, instead of opening the website in
konqueror properly, the system appears to download the link and then
konqueror tries to open a nonexistent file on my system!  Every time.

How does one force konqueror to actually open the link?  I do not want to
download the link to my system, I want to go to the website.  Something is
wrong here and has been wrong for a while in KDE.
--
Against stupidity, the god's themselves contend in vain.