List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Create new devices is BIGTIME broken in KDE 2.1
From:       Troy Unrau <troy () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-01-13 22:21:52

You are using mandrake, no?

In mandrake, they use the supermount thing for cdroms and floppies.  You
don't actually have to mount them, so to access the cdrom, just point konq to
/mnt/cdrom.  When creating a link on the desktop, don't create a new device,
create a shortcut to /mnt/cdrom.  That should be all you need to do.

Troy

--
first there were monkeys, then there was unix.