List:       kde
Subject:    Startkde
From:       Matt Miller <matthew.miller () expanets ! com>
Date:       2000-12-14 23:35:41

I am very new to Linux and KDE2 as well. I am currently running Debian
(potato) 2.2.17. I have successfully installed all the KDE2
libs,basefiles,etc..but when I attempt to launch KDE by invoking startkde, I
get the following errors:
>> xsetroot: unable to open display ''
>> xset: unable to open display ""
>> xset: unable to open display ""
>> xset: unable to open display ""
>> ksplash: cannot connect to X server
>> Aborting. $DISPLAY is not set.
>> ERROR: KUniqueApplication: Can't determine DISPLAY.
>> Aborting.
>> ksmserver: cannot connect to X server
>> ERROR: KUniqueApplication: Can't determine DISPLAY.
>> Aborting.
I am assuming that I need a script file in my home directory, but (stupid
me) I can't seem to figure out the name or parameters. Please help.
Thanks!