List:       kde
Subject:    Re: kleopatra missing features??
From:       forge <forge () myrealbox ! com>
Date:       2000-06-24 5:03:17

"Brian L." wrote:

> I can't  seem to find any way to do two common desktop related tasks
> [that i had no trouble with in earlier versions of kde or even
> gnome/enlightenment].
>
> - Changing the number of desktops
> - active borders (when the mouse hits the edge of a desktop it flips to
> the next).
>
> I see both of these as *VERY* neccesary features in a window manager and
> it greatly surprises me to see that the features were removed between
> 1.1.1 and 1.91. These are the only problems that I can see with the
> Kleopatra release and if they weren't there then I would be running it
> now (not gnome)...Also, Kleopatra completely ignores my kwmrc. is there
> a reason for this?........also...koffice crashes.....

I can solve the last 2 problems.
1. kwm isn't in KDE2.  It's been replaced by kwin.
2. KOffice is a more stable now than it was before.  It's still not
   quite ready for prime time.  Nobody has said this but it looks
  like there it may get bumped out to a 2.0.1 release addition.
 Just like kdevelop was.

All the other stuff falls into the category of "features people
actually expect.