List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Sound in Kde2.0 Beta4
From:       Stefan Westerfeld <stefan () space ! twc ! de>
Date:       2000-09-06 18:30:46

   Hi!

On Mon, Sep 04, 2000 at 04:37:58PM -0500, Timothy R. Butler wrote:
> David,
>   How do you get it to work with OSS compatible drivers like my Aureal AU8820
> driver? KDE's control panel reports it as a "OSS/Free Driver", so it should be
> 100% OSS/Free compatible. The main question is, how do I get aRts to use it.

aRts should use whatever is available, so mainly you should either configure
it as automatically starting (in KControl -> Sound), or run it manually to
test it, like starting artsd in a terminal window.

There is one known bug in Beta4 which causes artsd not to work with some
valid sound drivers, it causes artsd to abort with an assertion in
audiosubsys.cc upon startup (you should notice it if you start it in a
terminal window). That problem is fixed in the latest CVS version.

   Cu... Stefan