List:       kde
Subject:    RE: Sound in Kde2.0 Beta4
From:       "Timothy R. Butler" <kde () uninetsolutions ! com>
Date:       2000-09-03 22:00:47

Hi Terry,
  I booted up Linux, and KSCD worked fine. System Sounds still doesn't work in
root (not sure if they would in my user account - all of the system notification
options are missing on that account) though. Could it be that aRts doesn't like my
sound card since it doesn't support midi synth in Linux? It's a Kernel Module
driver that emulates OSS/Free drivers.

   So, I now know at least the following support sounds:

    - KDE 1.1.2
    - GNOME 1.0
    - XMMS 1.2.1
    - KSCD (for 1.93 Beta)

  The only thing I can say doesn't work is KDE system sounds.

  Any ideas?

  -Tim

Timothy R. Butler                              Universal Networks
Information Tech. Consultant    Christian Web Services Since 1996
ICQ #12495932 AIM: Uninettm       An Authorized IPSwitch Reseller
tbutler@uninetsolutions.com        http://www.uninetsolutions.com