List:       kde
Subject:    Re: KDE sources via rsync
From:       Kevin Forge <forge () myrealbox ! com>
Date:       2000-08-30 15:25:29

dep wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Jens Benecke wrote:
>
> | I download my sources via rsync. Can I trust that a new make
> | process will build up-to-date executables, after rsync has updated
> | the source files, or do I need to "make clean" first, building
> | everything new?
>
> i do a "make distclean" every time. this removes, among other things,
> config.cache, which can make mischief. there *is* a way of just

I'm not even that rusting.  I keep my permanently pristine cvs tree
in ~/KDE/kde and copy to /opt/src/kde for compiling.  Of course this
means having 2 full copys of KDE in source form during compilation
but disk space is a lot easier to come by than bandwidth and I don't
want to risk a few broken scripts forcing me to download all of KDE
again.
( 33.6 Kbps with per minute charges at the Teleco )