List:       kde
Subject:    SERIOUS PROBLEM - Desktop Icons
From:       David Grill Watson <dgwatson () kent ! edu>
Date:       2000-08-29 12:39:33

Desktop icons not having a background for the text is a MAJOR problem, IMO.
It's also a serious step backward from 1.1.x.

I'm sure you can see why this is bad - if you have a dark-colored background
(or simply one with a complicated pattern), it's nearly impossible to read
the labels on the icons.

IMO this needs to be fixed before release - it's extremely user-unfriendly.
I quite sure I've filed at least one bug report, and it has gone
un-dealt-with.

-David G. Watson