List:       kde
Subject:    Weird Konqueror Woes
From:       "Timothy R. Butler" <kde () uninetsolutions ! com>
Date:       2000-08-25 16:38:46

Hi Everyone,
  Like a good Linux enthusiast I raced out as soon as possible to get Kooldown.
However after trying it for a little while I've run into an annoying bug - I
think. Before I report it I wanted to ask if any of you know of a solution for
such a problem (perhaps it's not a bug).
  When I connect to the internet (using Kppp, of course), Netscape can access
sites just fine, but on most sites Konqueror reports it can't contact the host. I
tried 7 sites - Kde.org, Uninetsolutions.com, Microsoft.com, MSN.com, Lycos.com,
Gnome.org, and Gnu.org - and it couldn't contact any of those hosts. However, then
all of a sudden Kde.org loads - but some of the images don't load - so I refresh,
and it won't load at all again. Same went for Uninetsolutions.com, it loaded
(once) but the images didn't load.

  So, it comes down to two problems:

   1.) Sites (I know all of the above sites were up at the time, since they seemed
to load in Netscape) sporadically load, but generally do not at all.
   2.) When they do load, even though automatic image loading is on, most (or all)
of the images don't load.

 Plus one annoyance:

   - When I switch to the web browser profile, I have to press the
restore/maximize button twice to get it to maximize.

  Any ideas?

Timothy R. Butler                              Universal Networks
Information Tech. Consultant    Christian Web Services Since 1996
ICQ #12495932 AIM: Uninettm       An Authorized IPSwitch Reseller
tbutler@uninetsolutions.com        http://www.uninetsolutions.com