List:       kde
Subject:    Re: ANNOUNCE: KDE 2.0 Beta 4
From:       Terry <lawnman59 () netzero ! net>
Date:       2000-08-24 3:26:13

The initial announcement said that binaries for other distributions will
follow. However, you can fetch Mandrake RPM's for this beta from one of
the cooker mirrors.  Be forewarned that these install to /usr and they
have pretty well bastardized the menu icons with Mandrake specific ones.
They are horrendous. I have always carried a banner for Mandrake as a
distro, but if this is what the Final will look like from them.  .  .it
sucks. Not to mention that none of the Koffice apps will run. They
complain at startup about "no X-KDE-NativeMimeType entry ! " and die.  My
hats off to the KDE artists. They have been very busy refining what were
already beautiful icons.