List:       kde
Subject:    a few peoblems
From:       kdehelp <kdehelp () billysdomain ! ezesurf ! co ! uk>
Date:       2000-08-16 11:54:09

hi,

i have just installed kde 1.92 and all is great, however, i have two
problems i was hoping anyone could help me with!

the first is with libkdeui.  I have a couple of programs which use this
library, ark for example, but the library fails to load.  i get a

/opt/kde2/lib/libkdeui - undifined symbol
ResizeEvent__6QLabelPIZQResizeEvent

how can i fix this problem?

the second is with kpackage, every time i try to load it i get a cannot
load shared library libpopt.so.0
i have libpopt.a and libpopt.la and libpopt.lai but no libpopt.so.0.
i have tried creating links to these files, but i get a cannot load
shared library libpopt.so.0 - bad ELF descriptor or something.

any help would be greatly appreciated

i am running RH6.1 with a 2.2.14-20 kernel and XFree4.0.1

regards

billy