It's in KOffice CVS and has a damn lot of code for something that doesn't exist... Patrick O Neil wrote: > > When Kimageshop was mentioned, I went and looked for it. It doesn't > exist, except in theory. There is no release available, not even an alpha, > according to the site. If it was there I would give it a try and even if > it were alpha, as long as it could handle a few things I need such an app > for, > I would use it. > > I am not a programmer so I cannot join in and help. The Gimp is very > mature and quite good, overall, thus I saw it/see it as a quicker and > easier deal to alter. > > Rant mode on: > Although it (the Gimp) being entirely pixel based > annoys me no end...who cares about pixels when you intend to print > an image that is a simple, never variant, x inches by x inches in > dimension? I certainly hope that kimageshop allows for inches/cm > as well as pixels. 3 inches is 3 inches no matter WHAT size screen > you have or what resolution you are running it at. Gimp developers > have told me that it wouldn't work. Tell Aldus or Adobe or Corel that > dimensions like inches or cm don't work or are improper. Their apps > ARE professional apps and they ALL use real-world, discreet measurements. > > I simply have wanted to take a scanned image of discreet dimensions > (3.75 inches by 1.75 inches), edit it, and then print it out as a > 3.75 inch by 1.75 inch image on my printer. Simple, so you would think, > but NOT using the Gimp it isn't. By trial an error, using that damnable > pixel nonsense, I had to scale my image down and print it out repeatedly > until I finally got an output image from my printer that was close to > the dimensions I desired as I could seem to get it. No professional > graphics > app does this to you. One should be able to work in pixels, if they want, > but they should also be able to simply format their image as A x B cm or > inches and have it print out in those dimensions. Please make KimageShop > do this. > > Aldus Freehand does it. Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop do it. Corel > apps do it. Gimp doesn't and the developers can't see why it should > (last time I asked about it). > > -----Original Message----- > From: Kevin Forge > To: KDE general mailing list > Sent: 8/4/00 6:13 AM > Subject: Re: KDE2 license policy > > Enough already. There is no good reason to go out and pick a > fight. That is what porting a GTK app to KDE amounts to. the > fact is that QT/KDElibs is so good starting from scratch and > writing a whole new app from scratch to duplicate and even > enhance the functionality of that GTK app isn't so tough ( As > programing jobs go ) > > You want to do all KDE Image Manipulation ? Use kimageshope > and spend a little time to help enhance it. It already support > Gimp plugins. > -- > Send posts to: kde@lists.netcentral.net > Send all commands to: kde-request@lists.netcentral.net > Put your command in the SUBJECT of the message: > "subscribe", "unsubscribe", "set digest on", or "set digest off" > PLEASE READ THE ARCHIVED MESSAGES AT http://lists.kde.org/ BEFORE POSTING > ********************************************************************** > This list is from your pals at NetCentral -- Send posts to: kde@lists.netcentral.net Send all commands to: kde-request@lists.netcentral.net Put your command in the SUBJECT of the message: "subscribe", "unsubscribe", "set digest on", or "set digest off" PLEASE READ THE ARCHIVED MESSAGES AT http://lists.kde.org/ BEFORE POSTING ********************************************************************** This list is from your pals at NetCentral