List:       kde
Subject:    RE: KDE2 license policy
From:       Patrick O Neil <patrick.oneil () hci ! utah ! edu>
Date:       2000-08-04 16:09:57

GTK doesn't integrate with KDE.  It is really simple.  It is an "alien"
extra lib
that doesn't play nicely with QT and KDE.  I use the KDE environment and I
prefer
as many of my apps as possible work in an integrated fashion with my chosen
environment.

Themes...I use Drawingboard.  I would like all my apps to use it too but the

Gimp and other gtk apps do not use it, cannot use it, and a "similar" theme
in for gnome/gtk doesn't exist (last I checked).  This is true of many
themes,
by the way.  As for using gnome themes in kde, you can only use the bitmap
themes, not any others.

I asked about because if someone had it already, I wanted it (qt-based
gimp).
As it turned out that no one "really" had it, I then decided that if I
wanted
it, I would have to do it myself (or hope that someone would speak up that
they
had such a beast and would be willing to pass it my way).  I am only just
learning how to program for the hell of it - it has nothing to do with my
life beyond hobby.  That being the case, it would/will be a rather big deal
for me to have to do this myself but the challenge of it could be a decent
trial by fire.  Some comments indicating that I would not be permitted to
release it simply anger me and make me want to do it all the more.  No one
tells me I can't do something that is CLEARLY OK based on the license.
Personal
opinion or emotion is irrelevant.  That is really all there is to it.

I simply hoped that someone had already done it and still/really had it.
Barring that, I could see myself, on the side, converting the app to qt so
that it would properly integrate into kde, though that is far from the
optimal solution to me (doing it myself).