List:       kde
Subject:    Re: KDE2 license policy
From:       Glen Ogilvie <nelg () geocities ! com>
Date:       2000-08-04 11:22:48

<rave>
Not trying to start anything more on this thread, but, as a user, I don't care
one tiny little bit if the program uses Gnu or QT. I have both installed on my
box, as, like most people I want the biggest range of software I can have.

I normally operate in KDE, but have no strong feelings about it and find Gnome
basically the same.  So, why on earth should either project port the same app
to it, all it's going to do is end up with me, a user, having; for example,
Gimp, and Kimp, on my computer. That would only be a pain in the neck,  but,
knowing my luck, something would have a dependency on one or the other, and I'd
be force into having both.

As for the interface, what's so hard about having
two different skins.  I just set my skins in both, one for G* programs, and the
other for K* programs.   Then of course, I end up with other programs that use
other libraries again and done even skin!
</rave>

Regards
--
Glen Ogilvie