List:       kde
Subject:    Re: KDE2 license policy
From:       Derek Fountain <fountai () hursley ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2000-08-04 7:29:45

Er, no, that's not where I was coming from. I find myself
these days switching between GNOME and KDE, and like most
Linux desktop users I'd like to have the two things get on a
bit better.

Due to changes in the UK tax laws (just don't get me
started!) I'll be taking the last quarter of the tax year
off - that's Jan to Apr 2001 - and taking my notebook to an
Australian beach where I was going to dedicate some time to
a spot of hacking. I need to brush up my C++, so I thought
doing some KDE work might be fun.

I was thinking that doing some work which might allow me to
run my favoured GNOME apps together with my favoured KDE
apps would be useful, but would almost certainly involve
taking FSF code from GNOME and plugging it into KDE. Looks
like this would be frowned upon. :-(

I might put my flame retardant gloves on and post the same
question to the GNOME list to see what the current viewpoint
is over there.