List:       kde
Subject:    Re: KDE2 license policy
From:       Kevin Forge <forge () myrealbox ! com>
Date:       2000-08-03 21:28:12

Kimp was a port of Gimp to QT/KDE libs from GTK done by a single
Senior KDE Developer in a single day as part of teaching a class
on QT/KDE development.  I don't quite remember who it was but he
might have been named Mathias.  He never really intended to release
Kimp but when the Gimp people started to scream and holler that
they didn't want this.  That was enough.

Sure.  Technically you could just go ahead and release it anyway
but that would make friends angry.

Since it was never released for all practical purposes the Kimp
-> dose not exist <-.  On the other hand kImageShope dose much
of what the Gimp dose and accepts Gimp plugging.  Not being much
of an artist myself I haven't tried it lately so I don't know what
stage of incompleteness it's at now.