List:       kde
Subject:    aRts - Level?
From:       "Evan E." <evan () onepaper ! com>
Date:       2000-07-17 10:28:12

    I'm about to go and buy a new soundcard, and I'm uncertain at what level
aRts sits.  Does it matter what card I get?  Does ALSA sit as a layer
underneath aRts?

    Basically, I am worried about compatibility, especially as I host a
radio program, and sometimes mix bits at home to later transfer to carts.  A
working sound card is important to me.

    If ALSA sits underneath it, I assume I can just take my pick from the
ALSA supported cards, and everything should work fine.

obGoofy:  I never realized what aRts spells - I've always read it as
"Aye-Are-Tee-Ess", even in my head.  That is, until I punched it into case
insensitive Google to look for the home page...

--
Evan