List:       kde
Subject:    Re: OT: WordPerfect Office
From:       dep <dep () snet ! net>
Date:       2000-06-29 15:30:13

On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, Stein A. Strømme wrote:

| | before going that route you might want to get staroffice 5.2,
| | which has greatly improved filters (and a truly maddening and
| | largely undocumented install routine, but it *can* be done). it's
| | free and
|
| Sorry about the tangent but did you manage to install for several
| users?

yeah, and it's an enormous pain -- well, actually, it's an enormous
pain if one tries to use the sun instructions, which may work for the
cd version but which do not work for the download version. the trick
is to go to the sun site and find the mailing lists, then look
through the install list. tyhe working instructions are there.
basically, it's the usual install as root in /opt, then run setup as
user for each account. the migration screen that was supposed to
appear didn't here, for reasons unknown to me, but copying stuff over
by hand wasn't that tough.
--
dep