List:       kde
Subject:    RE: So should the slogan be changed? (was Re: my views)
From:       "Sam BC" <sambc () nights ! force9 ! co ! uk>
Date:       2000-06-14 13:07:30

Only replying to one point, I snipped the rest...

I'd say it more came as a gradual cycle... and the cycle has to start
somewhere, and I'd say device support was good enough to start attracting
some (gadget-less) windows users, which will encourage companies to support
Linux a bit more, which will encourage more customers, and so on ad
infinitum...

My only bugbear about linux is either I made a big boo-boo setting up kernel
ISDN support, or I will have to get a different ISDN card to use in Linux.
Hence the fact I am using Outlook, not kmail or pine or suchlike. The
irritation is I had it no problem (and mysteriously ~20% faster than
windows - is the TCP/IP stack that much faster) when I was using a normal
modem.

SamBC