List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Liscencing Issue - Taking Action
From:       Harry Henry Gebel <hgebel () inet ! net>
Date:       2000-06-10 1:20:47

On Fri, Jun 09, 2000 at 07:54:06PM -0500, Timothy R. Butler wrote:
>   So if I understand right, it would indeed move KDE further from the GPL
> (not that I really thought it was all the bad ever), right? If anyone had
> ever dealt with the GNU Project and RMS with non-verbatim GPL licenses, you
> already know "The Wrath of Richard" (my own experience coming last year).
> Seems to me, this would cause a larger breach to most license-nuts than the
> QPL (perhaps I'm wrong). Hey, all I added was a request that I would be

Actually. I think it was RMS that originally asked for this change, and I
even if he wasn't the original requester I have read several interviews
where he suggested it. Of course, that doesn't make it a good idea (anymore
in fact, quite the opposite.)

--
Harry Henry Gebel, Senior Developer, Landon House SBS        ICQ# 76308382
West Dover Hundred, Delaware