List:       kde
Subject:    RE: User Definable Protocols?
From:       "Timothy R. Butler" <kde () uninetsolutions ! com>
Date:       2000-06-05 3:26:34

Evan,
  I'm not a C/C++ programmer, so I couldn't implement it either (I'm a Perl
programmer), but I have to say your suggestions really excited me. They
sound great! Couldn't the device "protocols" be aliased over their /dev/???
counterpart, and with a little work get it to work?
  It seems this would be the start for integrating KPrinterQueue (isn't that
the name of it?) into KFM (or what ever it's called in KDE 2.0). More
thoughts:

  palm:// (let's you browse current apps, calendar, etc. on Palm Computers)
  settings:// (integrate KControl Panel apps into KFM)
  audio:// (integrated audio player - drop items on folder to create
playlist)
  whiteboard:// (whiteboard app that integrates with what every K-aware IM
app you are using)
  cdr:// (drop data here to burn onto CD-R/CD-RW drive)

 Hey mosfet, being a KDE developer, what do you think?

  -Tim

Timothy R. Butler                              Universal Networks
Information Tech. Consultant    Christian Web Services Since 1996
ICQ #12495932 AIM: Uninettm       An Authorized IPSwitch Reseller
tbutler@uninetsolutions.com        http://www.uninetsolutions.com