List:       kde
Subject:    questionnaire for future open source tools to mine software experience (such as reuse patterns)
From:       Amir Michail <amir () cs ! washington ! edu>
Date:       2000-05-01 19:55:33

Hi,

I will be starting an academic job soon and will have the opportunity to
develop new kinds of  tools with students to mine various kinds of software
development experience from existing code.   Unlike the current Codeweb
research prototype, I plan to make future tools open source.  Moreover, the KDE
source continues to be the best object-oriented open source code out there to
play with.

Consequently, I have set up a web questionnaire (mostly multiple-choice) to see
what kinds of experience people would like to mine.

Please fill it out if you can (even if you haven't looked at the CodeWeb reuse
patterns at all).

The link is:

http://www.pollcat.com/ty9sme0xba_a

You can fill this out anomously.

I will summarize the results if anyone is interested.

Amir

P.S.  The questionnaire briefly summarizes ten kinds of experience that one can
mine.  If you would like to read more about this, see

http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/amir/CodeWeb/thesis/future.{pdf,ps.gz}