List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Kmail mailboxes and indexes
From:       dep <dep () snet ! net>
Date:       2000-04-20 17:20:44

On Wed, 19 Apr 2000, Bob wrote:
| Two of us on my box have lost mail. In the other guy's mailbox,
| there are messages that are not in the index. I haven't checked
| mine yet. Is there a way to re-index/rebuild indexes?

first: back up the entire ~/Mail directory, just to be sure.

second: delete the offending .index file.

third: reopen kmail and watch it get regenerated.

there is talk i've seen this morning of some mailers producing
nonstandard headers, which could conceivably cause trouble. i do not
know but pretty well imagine the seattle suburb that would be the
source of the reshuffling of standards.
--
dep
__