List:       kde
Subject:    RE: redhat and kde
From:       "Doreen Lamb" <webtutor () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2000-03-30 22:01:54

Thank you everyone for responding to my question about.  I found out that
KDE isn't installed, and I've been unsuccessful in my efforts to install it.
Here is what I've done and the results:

In the file manager I opened the mnt directory, then the cdrom directory,
then Red Hat, and then RPMS.   I right clicked on kdebase-1.1 2-10.i386.rpm
and chose install.

I got a message "failed to open /var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm
Install failed

My attempts at installing any rpm resulted in the same failure.

Any ideas?  Was I on the right track?