List:       kde
Subject:    kde and X
From:       <srs () weaverweb ! co ! uk>
Date:       2000-03-31 14:28:25

Hi,

  I am having a problem with X and KDE on my linux SPARC.
Any app that has graphical display crashes indiscriminently.
X returns the error..

X Error: BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length error) 16
Major opcode:  74

I am running KDE 1.1
I have found that I can upgrade to KDE 1.1.2 but I think
that it is X that causes the crashes.

I know nothing about X but a fair amount about linux in
general.
Can anyone tell me what the error means and what to do
about it?

Thanks for any help.

Dave
mailto:srs@weaverweb.co.uk