List:       kde
Subject:    RE: Windows-fonts in KDE
From:       "Timothy R. Butler" <kde () uninetsolutions ! com>
Date:       2000-03-28 0:14:48

Jasper,
  I really like XFSFT (X Font Server for TrueType), which you can get neatly
packaged in an RPM from Joerg Prommnitz's site (see
http://www.joerg-pommnitz.de/TrueType/ftpindex.html ). It isn't too hard to
install, and works great once it is installed. It's also a big help to
download and compile http://www.joerg-pommnitz.de/TrueType/ttmkfdir.tar.gz ,
which makes the font.dir file for true type fonts, saving potentially hours
if you have many fonts.

  -Tim

Timothy R. Butler                              Universal Networks
Information Tech. Consultant    Christian Web Services Since 1996
ICQ #12495932 AIM: Uninettm       An Authorized IPSwitch Reseller
tbutler@uninetsolutions.com        http://www.uninetsolutions.com