List:       kde
Subject:    Re: A privacy related idea for KDE2/Konqueror
From:       ami () accessinter ! net
Date:       2000-03-23 13:46:30

>On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Kevin Forge wrote:
>
>> KFM and Konqy do "the right thing" (TM).
>>
>> By default you are asked if you want to accept cookies from a particular
>> domain.  You can forinstance accept all cookies from Slashdot.org and
>> none from msn.com and then choose on a per cookie basis what to do with
>> those from cnn.com

If the developers have access to a mac, they should take a look at the way
iCab handles cookies.  There are the basic options that we would expect,
plus things like
 "only accept if cookie goes to originating server"
 "only accept if cookie expires at the end of session"
 "always expire cookies at the end of session"
 "ask before accepting if the cookie doesn't expire before end of session"
etc.

iCab also has very nice image loading filters.  In fact - it is a very
nice program all the way around.

--
adam@oldchildrensbooks.com
As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain,