List:       kde
Subject:    Re: close-source proprietary Linux
From:       Ren <renx99 () mindspring ! com>
Date:       2000-03-20 14:29:32

At 10:19 AM 03/20/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Sibusiso Xolo wrote:
>
> > Read This:-
> >
> http://www.silicon.com/public/door?REQUNIQ=953519311&6004REQEVENT=&REQINT1=36413&REQSTR1=newsnow
> > On should but wonder  if this is a 'softening-up'for an attempt by
> > u-know-whoto jump on the Linux band-wagon to start a
> > proprietaryclosed-source Linux distribution.
>
>The article just shows that you shouldn't hire either Strategy Partners
>or Integralis Group, as they don't know $#%@ about security or Open
>Source.

Is it just me, or did the article fail to mention any specific security
problem with linux?  All the kept saying was.. it's open source.... which
isn't a security problem.... a security problem is an OS which when a
security hole is revealed.. you can't fix... cause you don't have the
source to do so... and have to trust on Microsoft to fix it for you.... and
with all those millions lines of code going into  windows how do we know
it's secure at all... is it secure from microsoft?  I often wondered if
there were "back doors" that big brother has put in unknown to the OS's
users.... it's pretty possible.. and how could we know, or tell... it's not
like we can see the  source...

ren