List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [Chat] KDE/GNOME main lacks, accordingly to an italian magazine
From:       Kevin Forge <forge () myrealbox ! com>
Date:       2000-03-19 19:43:23

Jens Benecke wrote:
> [snip]
> We need frontends to the clean, working, stable RPM and DEB ways of
> installing software. That is all.

agread.

> > An integrated, uniform, printing/plotting support like the one supplied
>
> This I support, though. 100%. We need a proper font management (and
> anti-aliasing on the screen) as well. CPUS (Common UNIX Printing System) is
> on the way there.

Even more than that we need something makes it possible to fax a
document simply by specifying 'FAX Modem on CUA1' as the printer
and entering a phone number.

We need something that will ask you to select what to do when the
modem line rings.  Default is don't answer.  Accept fax, voice mail,
or PPP connection should also be options.

The functionality to do all this exists.  However try to get it set
up properly.  If this works *imediatly* after install we have it made.

BTW : How far along are the KDE fax apps ?  I haven't herd anything
    new from them in a while.