List:       kde
Subject:    RE: ie5
From:       dep <dep () snet ! net>
Date:       2000-03-08 0:06:59

On Tue, 07 Mar 2000, Timothy R. Butler wrote:
| To the best of my knowledge IE5 is not available for either SCO Unix.
| It _is_ available for Solaris and HP-UX, not to mention MacOS and
| Win32. BTW, has anyone had success at installing IE5 on Linux via
| WINE? I thought that might work, I sure would love to get rid of
| Netscape, and I like IE...

according to winehq, there has been some success with the 16-bit
ie3.03; poor-to-terrible results with ie4, and no success at all with
ie5.

if you are married to ie5, you might look at vmware.

mozilla, when (if?) it ever appears, shows promise, as does opera,
though you'll probably have to pay for the latter.

have you tried star office under linux? it's not at all bad, and it's
sophisticated and free.
--
dep