List:       kde
Subject:    Re: ie5
From:       Joshua Orr <olivertwist () mindspring ! com>
Date:       2000-03-03 13:33:49

Hmm, I've had a few similar problems with 4.7 on Red Hat 6.0.  next time it
crashes on you, there might be a way to recover, but be patient it takes a
looooong time.  try and get ktop or other process manager up, look and see how
much ram it's using.  most likely it went into a zoombie.  kill it, everything
should come back up for you.  I'd still recomend a proper re-boot afterwords
though.  last time mine did it it was hogging up 45 megs on a machine that onlly
has 32 megs.

Brian Sumpter wrote:

> Running Netscape 4.7.  It not only crashes randomly ... but sometimes
> brings down KDE or Gnome at the same time.  Its really odd.  Running on
> Mandrake 7.0.
>
> Brian

<snip>