List:       kde
Subject:    Re: ANNOUNCE: Unicode support in konsole
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! cx>
Date:       2000-01-13 23:49:22

On Fri, Jan 14, 2000 at 12:34:21AM +0100, Lars Doelle wrote:
> this is the official "konsole now supports unicode"
> announcement.
>
> Since i've tested the unicode support only in my locale,
> i'd like to have some feedback from non-iso8859-1
> environment. Setting the "Unicode" font should allow
> you to get your national glyphs right out of the box
> if your X11 installation is properly localized.

This is very cool of course, but what would be really nice is global KDE
support for typing Unicode characters. Forgive me if this is already
possible (and if so, tell me how), but I'd love to type Alt-137 and get a 'e
umlaut' (&euml; in HTML) within konsole or wherever within KDE or even X.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper | mail: cap@capsi.com + cap@capsi.cx