List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Slackware 7.0 (new kde) busted old kde configs
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! cx>
Date:       2000-01-11 1:23:48

On Mon, Jan 10, 2000 at 03:06:53PM -0500, David J. Topper wrote:
> I just upgraded to Slackware 7.0.  I have no easy way of telling which
> KDE version it came with.  It's installed in /opt/kde.  In any case, it
> seems to have some serious dain bramage.

KDE 1.1.2, the latest stable.

> Our network consists of several Linux and SGI boxes.  To avoid
> confusion, I put KDE stuff in ~/KDEDeskop ... as Irix also looks in
> ~/Desktop.  I've changed the file in /opt/kde/share/apps/config/kfmrc to
> point to KDEDesktop, but the change apparently never goes into affect.
> I've rebooted, SIGHUP'ed and everything else I could think of including
> moving said directories all over the place.  Still no dice.
>
> Anyone have a clue?

No, not really, although I think you shouldn't blame this on Slackware just
yet.

Try a

grep -r Desktop /opt/kde/share/*

to locate occurances of "Desktop" in the setup. Might be another file you
need to change. (also, make sure that there is no
~/.kde/share/apps/config/kfmrc with the old ~/Desktop in it, it will
overwrite the global one when it exists.

Hm, maybe a clue after all.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper | mail: cap@capsi.com + cap@capsi.cx