List:       kde
Subject:    RE: KRASH does not crash, but does not do anything else either
From:       "Santiago Burbano" <santib () mtservicios ! com>
Date:       1999-12-20 15:58:29

> I posted on Slashdot, a sort of HOWTO to get the pre-release versions of
KDE 2
> to run and how to get both QT 1 and QT 2 programs to run simultaneously.
Here's
> the link:
>
> http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=99/12/15/1623233&cid=127
>
> JFunk

Good stuff!!!

This is what I have on my Linux box. My question is:

Can anyone think of a way to compile KDE 1.1.x apps under KDE 2.x (or 1.89,
FWIW)? Running is not a big deal, since the major number of QT library
changes, so the system is able to detect and use the right one. The problem
comes when compiling, since headers are not source compatible among
versions.

Santiago