List:       kde
Subject:    RE: kdevelop generated application segfaults
From:       "Santiago Burbano" <santib () mtservicios ! com>
Date:       1999-12-16 16:50:06

> Anybody have any idea why i18n should segfault? Where is it defined and
> what library is it from anyway? Maybe I can get KDevelop not to put in
> the function call...?

Just giving an idea that came to mind. I can't check it right now, but it
could be a good pointer.

AFAIK, i18n() is supposed to look in the standard translation directory for
the .po file that holds the translation for your locally configured
language, or to default if it is not found. When you are developing,
obviously, you don't install your application but execute it in-place
instead, so no .po file can be found in the standard KDE dirs. So, it
segfaults (agreed that it shouldn't).

IF this is the problem, executing 'make install' before executing the
application should workaround it.

Santiago