List:       kde
Subject:    Re: 60+h to compile KDE ?
From:       "ArcadePreserv Center" <arcadepreserv () hotmail ! com>
Date:       1999-11-22 12:52:22

>From: Frank Baumgart <godot@uni-paderborn.de>
>Subject: Re: 60+h to compile KDE ?
>Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 19:47:17 +0100
>
>ArcadePreserv Center wrote:
>
> > I cant find it. Please, which Makefile should I alter the make -j 2 in ?
>
>What he meant was really:
>
>export MAKE="make -j2"  (bash)
>
>before starting configure
>
>But this is a very bad advice, making your situation even worse.
>Instead, try the following:
>
>1) obtain more RAM, at least another 16 MB
>2) leave X11 and kill every program/daemon not needed
>3) configure compilation without any optimization, e.g.:
>    CFLAGS="-O0" CXXFLAGS="-O0" ./configure   (bash)

Thank you, I am grateful for the help!

Suggestion 2 is already done, and 1 is unfortunately not so easy. I have a
VX board, and should need 2-clock SDRAMS, which I have not been able to
find, expect specialordered ones costing more than 4 times more than
standard RAM, and more than a new motherboard+new standard RAM, so it will
have to wait until a completely new computer :(