List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Thoughts of a KDE sceptic
From:       "Seak, Teng-Fong" <seak.teng-fong () iname ! com>
Date:       1999-11-17 10:29:29

Jeffrey D Anderson wrote:

> Speed is a different matter.  I haven't compared kdvi and xdvi for
> speed, but I can easily believe that xdvi is faster.  That doesn't
> really have anything to do with stability, though.

     Except that kvdi takes longer to show up, sometimes it just doesn't show up at all :-(
Could this be considered a stability issue then?

> As for KLyX, no I've never spent more than ten minutes with it.  I
> usually get to the point where I get frustrated with it, then I export
> as latex, edit out all the garbage, and wonder why I didn't just start
> with latex in the first place.

     I agree with you that if I just make one or two page, I won't really need LyX/KLyX.
Nevertheless, if I've a lot of formulae / equations, pages and cross-references, as one would
expect from those who really take full advantage of latex, I'd prefer LyX than an editor.