List:       kde
Subject:    RE: PROPOSAL: Tidying up the K applications menu
From:       "Timothy R. Butler" <kde () uninetsolutions ! com>
Date:       1999-11-16 0:43:25

 Hear Hear! I agree with you Jens, as you know - heehee - that I think that
KDE needs some more touch ups to make it easy. Things like better
organization sound absolutely wonderful! I'd be glad to assist in anyway
possible (save C programming, since I'm a Perl programmer).

 Additional thought: You mention that the menus should wrap to hold the
extra stuff, and while this would be an improvement, Win 95/NT 4 had this
and it was quite annoying (soon the menus would span the entire screen at
low-res). MS fixed this in Win 98 by replacing wrapping with arrows at the
top and bottom of large menus that let you scroll up and down.

 Anyway even if nothing new was added to kpanel (or the new kpanel
replacement in 2.0), I think more descriptive names would be good. Many
program's actual names are more descriptive than their icons - so even if
the name was the actual program's name...

  Warmest Regards,
                Tim

Timothy R. Butler
Internet Solutions Consultant