List:       kde
Subject:    Pro-Windows doesn't mean someone isn't Pro-Open Source, too.
From:       "Timothy R. Butler" <kde () uninetsolutions ! com>
Date:       1999-11-09 4:31:45

 I feel that since I mentioned that I thought Windows had some good ideas in
the ease-of-use department, I've become the target of a "polite flame war."
Anyway, to please everyone, I will not extend the "InstallShield" thread
unless someone else posts to it, and I will use my shorter sig for all those
people who can't stand the signature be spread out.
 I do suspect that all this came of my pro-Windows position, because I've
been a fairly big poster, save the last year, on this list, and have never
had complaints before. Best to all of you, however, I suggest you keep your
tempers about Windows (and Mac) down a bit, and realize that there are
sometime better ideas in other OSes.
 Just because someone suggest Linux isn't already the "best" in a particular
spot, doesn't mean the user doesn't like open source. You'll find that I am
a big open source support, all my programs being strictly under the GPL (and
on GNU.org's links page).

  Warmest Regards,
                Tim

Timothy R. Butler